Georgia Lawrence serves as an Associate at Southworth PC, specializing in the representation of former and current federal employees. Her expertise encompasses appearances before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Merit Systems Protection Board, the Office of Federal Operations, and the Federal Court. Her portfolio of work includes prosecuting cases involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and whistleblowing, along with the defense of federal careers.
Ms. Lawrence's approach to law is rooted in a deep-seated commitment to service. This purpose-driven perspective is reflected in her professional practice, where she derives profound satisfaction from aiding others through her legal expertise.
Ms. Lawrence boasts a distinguished academic background, graduating Cum Laude from the Florida Coastal School of Law. Her dedication to community service and justice for underserved populations was recognized with the Barbara McCalla Memorial Award upon graduation. Moreover, she was honored with the highest Pro Bono distinction for her voluntary legal work in the community. During her time in law school, Ms. Lawrence contributed to the Law Review Board and the Moot Court Honor Board, earning several Book Awards for her exceptional performance in subjects like criminal law, trial advocacy, torts, contracts, and legal research. She was also a recipient of the T.J. Reddick Bar Association Henry Latimer Scholarship.
Prior to her legal studies, Ms. Lawrence completed a Criminology degree with a minor in International Studies at the University of South Florida, graduating Magna Cum Laude. Her academic excellence was consistently recognized, with her name appearing on the dean's honor roll each semester and her work earning awards such as the Florida Association of Licensed Investigators Award and the Soroptimist Women's Opportunity Award.
Before joining Southworth PC, Ms. Lawrence honed her skills in civil litigation, representing a variety of corporations. Her experience also includes working closely with a personal injury attorney and contributing to an Immigrant and Human Rights Clinic.
One of Georgia's most memorable cases involved an older employee who was being unfairly targeted for removal by his agency. Drawing on her ability to empathize with individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, she tirelessly advocated for her client, despite the complexity of the case. Her diligent efforts eventually led to a substantial settlement, a result she takes great pride in. This outcome not only underscores her dedication to her clients but also highlights her commitment to ensuring justice for those who are less fortunate.
Away from her legal duties, Ms. Lawrence dedicates her time to mentoring at-risk youth, authoring written works, speaking at various conferences, and cherishing moments with her family. Her multifaceted approach to service-both in her professional and personal life-underlines her commitment to making a positive impact on her community.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Contributed to the Law Review Board
- Honors: Book Awards for her Exceptional Performance in Subjects like Criminal Law, Trial Advocacy, Torts, Contracts, and Legal Research
- Honors: Recipient of the T.J. Reddick Bar Association Henry Latimer Scholarship
- Honors: Contributed to the Moot Court Honor Board
- University of South Florida
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Appeared on the Dean's Honor Roll each Semester
- Major: Criminology
- Minor: International Studies
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorney
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network
- American Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Federal Sector Litigation
- Federal Careers Defense
- Equal Opportunity Employment
- Reasonable Accommodation Law
- Federal Workers Compensation
- Disability Retirement
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Barbara McCalla Memorial Award
- Florida Association of Licensed Investigators Award
- Soroptimist Women's Opportunity Award